Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
This is very strange. What is the convenience to have a lookup table without the searched string? Maybe they have created another table, but why?
They aren't recording the words you look up. One of the things the Event table is used for is the Awards. The "Word Up!" award is given after 10 dictionary look ups. When the EventCount on the EventTpe 9 row reaches 10, you get the award. After that, it just keeps counting the lookups.

Quote:
You said "The database updates tend to be an insert and a delete, rather than updating the existing row". Do you intercepted the firmware queries?
No, from inspecting the database. I can see that for most updates, a row has been added to the end of the table, rather than updating where it was before. I am not completely certain that this is what is happening, but based on what I see, it is probably right.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote