View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Kaverin
Kaverin began at the beginning.

Device: NST, NSTG, KT, K5 PW
Thanks for responding to that. Using the folder connection plugin works fine. I had been messing with making up my own device plugin after looking at the source of the original Nook device ones and one I saw on the forum here for the Medion OYO device, but was never successful. I would get errors in calibre about __init__.py being missing if it wasn't in the zip, but that OYO one didn't have one and it works fine. With a blank one present, then I'd get errors about no plugin class being found, but I couldn't understand why. I'd get similar results with the PD Novel example on http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/plug...-based-devices

Edit: Didn't realize python was extremely picky about whitespace (BASIC and C/C++ are all I use), and forgot I had Notepad++ set to insert actual tabs. I saw somewhere that the files were supposed to end in _plugin.py as well, which I didn't realize. And also in comparing a few other things, I had a missing line or two in some samples I was testing. Now everything seems to work fine, and I have a modified version of John Schember's Nook driver in there that doesn't make those pesky folders but otherwise works like the original. I can also clone the user defined device if I want to as well, though now I don't really need it.

Last edited by Kaverin; 03-09-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Did some more reading and fixed my mistakes
Kaverin is offline   Reply With Quote