View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
I've made an ePub book with Sigil, and ePubValidator (http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/) gives this error:

ERROR: Origino de specioj.epub/OEBPS/Text/content022.xhtml(94): attribute "span" not allowed at this point

I cannot find anything wrong. Does someone know how to interpret the number (94) behind the page name? I thought it might be the 94th line, but the 94th line from Sigils point of view is empty. 94th character in the file doesn't make sence either ...
FWIW, I have received a similar error once and it was because < span > is an inline element by default and I had used a < span > tag that was NOT inside a block level tag. It was only inside the < body > tag.

Once I placed it within a block level tag (like a <p > < /p > tag set) that error message went away for me.

But the error messages from epubcheck are so vague I have no idea if you are having the same issue or not.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote