View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
Stangri,

I don't think robbiet480 has it set up for you to publish your own custom content yet. Things are still pretty early stages right now (though I'm VERY impressed at how fast the guys at NookDevs.com were able to reverse engineer BN's "Daily" feed protocols).

I just tried robbiet480's DNS Server hack (plugged his modified DNS Server's address into my Router's DNS settings as instructed) and upon rebooting my Nook, I looked in the "Daily" section and there was a feed from NookDev ("Welcome to NookDevs.com", NookDev.com's front page) as in the listings along with the official BN feed items (Dave Barry, Dan Bergstein, Steven King).

So far the NookDev feed only has some text from the NookDev.com web site's front page, a test image (that didn't show up), some test URL's (that unfortunately weren't clickable or selectable in the touch screen), some Javascript code that showed up printed but didn't apparently open a new window or execute as programmed.

Good start though. Too bad about the lack of inline images and no clickable hyperlinks. Still, this has lots of potential for pushing out custom RSS feeds and other documents.

Keep up the great work Robbie480.

Dave

P.S. As promised, other non-BN Daily server URL requests were passed on to OpenDNS and my browser on my other computers and other internet access did continue to work as expected using robbiet480's DNS server. I switched directly back to OpenDNS for now after I was done though. Not sure if his custom DNS server/redirect could get saturated/overloaded. Nice test though.
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote