View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
robbiet480
robbiet480 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robbiet480 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robbiet480 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robbiet480 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Hi,

I'm robbiet480, the founder and owner of nookdevs.com. I just wanted to clear a few things up.

1. You are right we "poison" the DNS by redirecting barnesandnoble.com to our own servers (nookdevs.com)
2. We do actually push all traffic to OpenDNS unless you are trying to access barnesandnoble.com. You can confirm this for yourself by going to http://welcome.opendns.com
3. We do not log any requests made to the server through the DNS server. We DO log apache requests anytime someone uses our custom content.
4. We were researching ways to push malformed data through The Daily in order to gain root access to the device. The research didn't find anything of use however. If we did find something WE WOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THE USERS DEVICE ROOTED. (using caps for emphasis). I am worried about the privacy and safety of the device as much as you are. That's why at the current time I am the only person with access to the server.

Thanks for posting about this project. The only way we can accomplish our goals on the nook is to work as a community. Please watch twitter.com/nookdevs and join our IRC channel #nookdevs on irc.freenode.net to get the latest updates.

Robbie
robbiet480
Founder, nookdevs.com
robbiet480 is offline   Reply With Quote