View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Any tips for maximizing Fictionwise large transactions?

I recently got a promo email from Fictionwise which gives me a 30% discount on certain books by authors whose books I have bought previously. Even though I have many unread books right now, I am very tempted by this sale. There are three authors whose works especially interest me of the list in the sale. One of them is multiformat and already on sale so this 30% will be in addition. Two others have many books in the series and the per-book cost will be in the $2-3 range each once the eReader 5% rebate, club discount and special 30% off price applies. I also know that if you spend above a certain amount, a 'large transaction' rebate kicks in too. So I could get a whole year's worth of micropay dollars here AND the cost of the books I do get will be quite low.

Has anyone ever just said to themselves 'this is too good a deal to pass up' and gone on a total bender and bought like 100 books at once? Any tips you could give me for maximizing the rebates/discounts/benefits in a case like this? Part of me thinks I am insane to even consider this since I still have almost 100 unrated books in my Fictionwise shelf and at least that many in freebies. On the other hand, with how good a deal this is, with it working out to $2-3 per book, how can I pass it up? I am honestly tempted to celebrate the impending end of camp/my summer course/my move and just go totally nuts and buy like 100 books here.

So...thoughts?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote