View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #18
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
When you click on the apps tab, after having selected the iPad, the top half of the screen should have a list of apps on the left, and a picture of the iPad home screen on the right, do you get that?
If so, you should be able to scroll down, and see the file sharing section. This has another list of apps on the left, but this time only those that accept iTunes file transfers are included. And the Documents area on the right is the space you can drop files into.

This is what it should look like:

There are minimum versions of iOS and iTunes to make this work. For the iPad I think you need at least iOS 3.2, and it might have been iTunes 9.1, I'm not sure.
Thanks for all your trouble, murraypaul.

When I open iTunes without having the iPad connected I see a panel on the right labelled iTunes sidebar - at the moment it's advertising Ping.

When I connect the iPad and click on device that sidebar stays visible.

When I click on apps the left hand panel remains visible, but a bigger panel showing the apps takes up the rest of the screen - there is nothing to the right of the panel showing the apps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	303
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	83944

Your screen capture look very different from mine, so I've obviously omitted some vital step. But I don't know what that step might be.

PS So far as I know I've got the latest updates to the iOS and to iTunes.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote