View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:16 PM   #13
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philju View Post
If I were you I would consider just to skip the black/white e ink phone display shown at CES 2020 and to replace it by a color e ink display right from the start.

Since Hisense presented the first color e ink display at CES 2020 everybody is waiting for this technology to get rolled out. Therefore I assume that only very few people would still buy a smartphone with a black/white display at the moment.
Both rumors and evidence (refresh rate) show that the one presented by Hisense is not a new technology: it is a colour filter on top - à la Triton.

ACEP, I have seen in the E-Ink shop that 13.3'' displays are available - their refresh rate is apparently 25 seconds. Do not mix up ACEP and that "colour E-Ink phone".

If the E-Ink VB3300-EBA (I suppose that is) is overlaid with the filter, its 1280x720 may become a 640x360; its 284 DPI may become a 142 DPI. Is that enough?

That product must be seen in real life or adequate recordings, before calling it a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Quite agree. A black and white eink phone will be a hard sell once a colour eink phones comes out. Unless, of course, the colour eink phones are ridiculously expensive or they perform comparatively poorly
...Or, as just written, unless they look bad.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote