View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well society is to blame for a lot of things. I certainly don't plan to blame myself for wars or corruption in governments or slavery in some countries and so on ...

I would say it is your subjective view of society, the world and your condition that has simply shifted as it always does when time passes. We don't see the world in the same manner as we used to when we were 12, 18, 25 or 40

Now if you're feeling better with the latest shifts in your views of the world then good for you my friend but it is rather the other way around for me. Pretty much everything I used to believe in has proven disappointing. Whether it is family or love or human goodness or the real intentions of governments towards their citizens, the hard time one has to find a job to acquire the basic right to be happy, the rich ones being richer, the poor ones being poorer, the wars, the hatred etc...
As a reaction I have become an extreme cynic as I have lost all empathy for mankind in general. I feel that I am like a ghost, watching the horrible news as they break day after day on my TV or computer screen. A shooting here, a murder there, a war over there, hostages killed, diseases, beheadings, school shootings, global warming and the whole shebang. All that stuff is nothing more than the latest TV news show to watch with a bucket of popcorn and a huge glass of soda while comfortably sitting on your sofa.
Maybe it's just a way to wait for the inevitable to happen, one's own death because we know damn well that we are not going to live forever.

But again if you feel happy then good for you, count yourself lucky and enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited by Quexos; 10-30-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote