View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #47
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Robko,

I transferred epubs from calibre that were set up with shelves and worked fine with no duplication on my Touch, and found I had multiple shelves for only one series on the Glo, without any sync to the Kobo servers. WiFi was off. Please explain how that is a Kobo Server issue?

I'll give heavy odds it is either a Kobo internal database or firmware issue, or calibre has a bug, etc. Since it also seems to be happening to people syncing to Kobo's servers and apparently not transferring from Calibre then I'd lean toward it being a firmware bug that affects the internal database by occasionally creating a duplicate record. Perhaps, if a transfer doesn't complete properly and is restarted a second shelf record gets inserted... Who knows? Mere guesswork.
Well I'd much prefer a simple filesystem based folder structure, but every time I mention it, I get shouted down. Even if the shelf system worked, it is SOOOO slow to arrange all your books onto the shelves using the device itself that I can't see it ever working for me.

So, in keeping with the purpose of this thread - what do the other brands use to organise books on the device? I know the BeBook my wife has and the Astak I had (essentially the same hardware) all use files in folders and I couldn't happier with that. What about the Sony and Nook and kindle?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote