View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #420
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
@Stinto the restart probably did more to fix it than the ;fc-cache which only restarts the framework. Did you restart after it automatically installed you to 5.3.1? Or was your way to fix it - ;fc-cache - not working - install JB and JBPatch - works? It is entirely possible that the PW on 5.3.1 now only checks on a correct reboot if USE_ALT_FONTS is there or not - and a simple framework restart is not enough? I will go test that out and see what happens.
First I not even realized that 5.3.1 was installed and fonts were still working. Than I copy a new font family to /mnt/us/fonts and restart my device because I assume new fonts are only detected during starting. But after restart all personal fonts were gone. So I delete the new font family only and do again a restart, but fonts were still gone. Than I try to start the coolreader without success and realized that the jailbreak were not working anymore? Now I checked the firmware version and see that amazon updated it from 5.3.0 to 5.3.1 without asking me. So I try the ";fc-cache" command, than I reboot, nothing. Again this ";fc-cache" command and wait 12 minutes (no automatic reboot happen?) and again I reboot, and again no personal fonts working.

Now I reinstall the jailbreak with all needed steps(a few reboots) and get my coolreader back to running, but the standard reader still not uses personal fonts. Finally I install the JBPatch together with font size hack and after another reboot, I saw all my fonts in "Aa" menu and was happy. I guess the are working now because of the JBPatch. That seems to fix something. For sure I did more than enough reboots. For each font at least one.
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote