View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Linking the account to the respective other country now works in both directions by simply clicking the button.

I just ran into a geographic restriction.
On Kindle Fire HD:
When switching to the German account, I can't buy at all = "country settings not supported".
When switching to the US account, I get one step closer = "billing address and payment don't match". I guess, I could circumvent this with gift card...

So, obviously it doesn't change restrictions.
Question is, whether I could link to the US without having had a US address before...
Oh so the offer on transfering the account over as in the screenshot is not 100% true - unless you actually live or have a 2nd residency in the us. I heard that others could fake a real us address as their own. But I am not sure if giftcards work, or if you need a us-credit card. If you can buy a us gift card with a non-us credit card, you should be good to go.

edit: might be possible to change the billing address for your german credit card to the same us address. Might be possible that Amazon does not check for cc company beeing based in us any more.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-08-2012 at 08:54 PM.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote