View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #72
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Don't forget that they subsidize the cost of the reading devices now. And they charge what the market will pay. If you start a new job do you tell your boss: "This place is closer to my home than the last place I worked at, please deduct $100.- from my pay each month."

Personally, when the ebook costs more than the pbook I usually don't buy either. That is the only protest that works.
In protest I would sure love to tell publishers that although I have no problem paying the exorbitant amount they charge for a hard copy of a book here in Canada I will shamelessly download the digital copy of that same book because they should be supplying it for free with the hard copy. I will not, however, get a free digital copy of a book I didn't first buy in hard copy. I'm pretty sure my favorite authors will stop writing if they don't get paid for their work.

Did you hear that Daniel Woodrell??? I may be late in doing so but I've bought everything you wrote now get busy and write some more Rene Shade stories! I'm jonesin' for more bayou!
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote