View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #344
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronpaterson View Post
A quick footnote to my earlier post - when I fired up the new Kobo app during a train journey earlier today, I got another notification relating to the same book: 'Halfway there'. I assume these notifications are new as I haven't seen them before (but I may be wrong on that, as it is only relatively recently that I started using the iOS app regularly). My first thought was 'why aren't these Reading Life awards?' It seems so obvious. But then I realised that there could be practical issues with creating such awards - do you issue them only for the first book a reader reaches the quarter and half way stages on and then, perhaps, only issue notifications for subsequent books? Not sure. However, the 'Once Upon A Time' award for finishing a book is in similar territory.
Ah, those aren't awards but simply progress notifications – you'll get them whenever you hit 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% for the first time for each book. You can go back and see them on your Activity page under Reading Life.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote