View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #203
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Merry Xmas to all!
Thanks to Booxtor I received my M92 (and PB912 ) yesterday. I'll write down my impressions later, but - as far as I played with the devices - I can say, that I'll keep M92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbam View Post
Hi Guys,

well just a very short review here:
I have the device since friday and played around a little bit with it. I just tried out PDF-files and things work quite nice. JBAACH and Booxtor explained and showed almost everything which was necessary to know i guess. I didnt experience any crashing or freezing while reading pdfs. However the Device froze once when i tried to use it as a mass storage on a samsung galaxy s2 (well probably not a very common usage ). So i guess freezing wasnt really a problem yet.

However i discovered something else. I had problems with german Umlaute in one pdf (see the link on page 6 for example) which were missing. The same problem occurs when i try to open that pdf on my Galaxy S in acrobat reader but it works with other pdf readers on my mobile. I dont know if thats an adobe problem (i am using foxit reader (and it works there) on my computer so i cant verify this file on adobe/PC now). I am not at all into pdf stuff but i guess it must be something about missing embedded fonts. Does anybody have a good hint on how to circumvent this problem?
http://www.springerlink.com/content/...ont-matter.pdf

Despite of that i am very happy with the device until now!
I can see umlauts in the PDF (e.g. in the foreword), but not in the bold captions in the TOC.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote