View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvelleko View Post
Just discovered that the problem isn't my reader or it's battery but the OS installed on it.

When I charge it trough AC there's no problem but when I charge it with my or an other computer the battery drains dead in about 10 minutes. When I reset my reader by the switch after a full charge on USB it keeps working.

So I guess the OS crashes somehow after I unplug it. My computer runs Windows 7 with the Sony software installed, the other computer uses Windows XP without any software.

Tomorrow I'll start testing different scenes to figure out what the exact problem is.

The reason I'm doing all this is because I don't use AC-adapters at all, not for my phone, music player, camera or anything else. I don't want any cables or stuff lying around. I've got one USB cable and that should do it!
Before you unplug your 650 from the USB port of the computer, do you eject it via Reader Library or via the OS? I do and I never have a battery issue with the USB port.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote