View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #26
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
I am starting to think that you will never be happy (Joking).
You say that as if it's a baaaad thing.... It's just my nature!

Quote:
But in all honesty I appreciate your comment it help me build something better that can now more easily create a TOC from almost nothing, without going into sigil and wasting hours to just select the heading.
I agree! There is nothing worse than finishing a complex and lengthy conversion with calibre and then trying to salvage that conversion by editing the .epub with Sigil only to find the TOC is not the way you like it. ePubFixer to the rescue.....

Quote:
I do agree with the Save As, Or I would be more inclined to have a Save Backup checkbox, It would have helped me when I started coding it, because I had to keep several copy, because the app would destroy my TOC or stylesheet completely.
While we are talking about further changes, how about:
  • Remembering the placement (size and location) of the Add, TOC Editior and Preview screens. Every time I launch the program, I have to re-adjust the windows the way I like them (since I have LOTS of screen real estate available I even enlarge the screens!).
  • After I add links from the Add screen and am returned to the TOC Editor screen, any subsequent call to "Add" has to re-scan for Show ALL and for Show Anchors. Can this be cached/remembered while still editing the TOC?
  • In the Add screen, can you allow sorting of "Filename", "Detected Text" by click the Header (sort/reverse sort)
  • Troubleshooting: If you open my Websters Dictionary 1913_ver21.epub, in the Add screen, the filename is truncated after the third hyphen and I can't tell which filename is being shown (they all look the same)

Also, some tips for those "not in the know",
  • At the Add screen, just drag 'n drop the link(s)to the correct place in the TOC Editor screen. You can still, instead, use the Add button, but that delivers all selected links to the bottom of the existing TOC. Choose which works for you.
  • After using the Preview option, if you want to see the relevant html code, just right-menu and select "View Source", then you can also see how those links interact.

If you make more changes, Nigol, I'll continue to make comments/suggestions...

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-27-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added more to my "wishlist"
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote