View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Interesting Observations

1 - While both my K3 and K4PC had the converted version of TUHHGTG, I tired to download the Kindle version of the book to my K3 (don't ask me why I bought 2 formats of the same book ). It would not download and I could not find it in my K3 archives. The K3 believed I had the Kindle version already.

2 - I deleted the converted version from my K3 and downloaded the Kindle version and tried to sync again with K4PC. No real surprise, it did not work.

3 - I decided to load the converted version onto my K2, to see if the software made a difference. It did... sort of. My K2 converted book tried to sync with the K3 Kindle book (forget about K4PC) and it did BUT it did not sync to the correct location... sort of.

It turns out the number of locations are different between the versions. So K2 with the converted book has 16,295 locations and K3 has 17,124 locations. The location I was trying to sync to was the Forward at location 113-19 on K3. The closest I could get on K2 was location 113-33 but is was mid-way through the TOC.

What does all of this mean? I don't know, I just found it interesting.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote