View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I had a Kobo problem with locked content--independent of Calibre. I had to de-authorize BOTH the computer and the Kobo and then reauthorize both. These are Windows instructions--not sure how it works for MAC/Linux. The instructions came from Kobo in response to my email to them.

To de-authorize the computer, open n ADE, and then hit Ctrl+Shift+D.

o Authorize a Computer Launch Adobe Digital Editions and click on the downward arrow to the right of the Library menu. Select “Authorize Computer”. You will see a message stating that your computer has been authorized.

To Deauthorize an eReader plug it into your computer and open ADE. Hit Ctrl+Shift+E to open a menu to select which device you want to Deauthorize.

To Reauthorize the eReader close ADE and an unplug the eReader. Plug the eReader back in and open ADE and it should say it has found a new device to authorize.

It worked for me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote