Thread: What a regex is
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Books are stored as pseudo-BLOBs, but instead of using a real BLOB the book is stored in the filesystem using a computed directory path. This is done (I think) for safety and performance, not to make the files available for processing by external tools.
From reading very old threads, I believe the earliest versions of calibre stored ebooks as real BLOBs within the calibre database. From what I read, the change to pseudo-BLOBs stored in a computed directory path was made to improve performance.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote