View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
The "Writers' Corner" would be the best place to move these book plugs. Just give them headline tags like NEW or Free.

Keep "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" for member recomendations.

I have gotten free books, like "Soul Identity" by Dennis Batchelder, and bought many others mentioned here.

It seems more of a problem when several authors hop out of a dark place and push their books.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Book & ereader type ads in MR. So long as it is limited and pertinent.

The problem IS, that some authors do hop out of dark places. Some skip, but that may be a gender issue that I won't go into here.

Members recommend books in the "Reading Recommendations" Forum.

Writers (and other such types) plug, pull, and push their books; and, when that doesn't work they tug their works along behind them - all for that extra mile. Do we really want these "Plugsters" plying their sales-pitch all over MobileRead? CONTRIBUTE HERE TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT.

Here's how I think of this thread: It's a kind of louuunge for ebook plugging, discussion, and humor. Get your coffee or mate (that's maa-tay, Princess Bob), settle back and, if you're an author, then think of some creative way to plug your new book - you know, mate (that's Brit talk), the one your gamma liked so much that it was mentioned in the Baptist Church Meetup Potluck Celebration you had Sunday afternoon.

Or, if you're a "Big Time Author," (and you know who you are), then don't forget to tell your rabid readers that your book just made the Best-Seller List at the Ace Home Cener's "Earn A Free Bucket of Paint" Drawing. (Oh, the name of your book was this: "How To Build Your Dream Tin House And Save Megabucks on Heating This Winter!)" See how that leads to a sequel in the scorching Summer?

HAVE FUN, AUTHORS! PLUG YOUR BOOK.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-15-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote