View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
I understand that page numbers are different on different ereaders. But I d rather prefer page numbers instead of annoying locations. It much easier to remember page number than some absolute reference.
Perhaps it is, but what use is a page number if it doesn't get you to the point in the book where you want to go? You said that you had read half of a book on another reader, and then bought a Kindle DX. Even if the Kindle did support page numbers, the page numbers that you had remembered on the other reader would be useless to you, because they wouldn't correspond on the Kindle. I really don't see what you would have gained, at all.

Quote:
The second one is absence of folder support that Kindle also kinda lacks.
The Kindle supports collections, of course, which are very like folders.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote