View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 09:20 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn_S View Post
What do you mean by taking away hyphenation?
And does your Nook have options for line spacing?
They no longer hyphenate (split) words across lines. If the word doesn't completely fit it goes to the next line, which (sometimes) leaves bigger gaps in the current line then I like (usually not that big of issue — depending on the size of font you're using). You can choose not to use justification, which solves the "gaps in the line" issue. (But I like to turn justification on.)

The Nook does support changing the line spacing (three settings) and margin changing (also three settings). I almost always use the narrowest line settings and smallest margins. You can turn page numbering off (or use one of the three page numbering settings) — I like to turn it off.

You can't remove the title at the top. But the font is smaller and light, so it's not that big of an issue, as it doesn't "blend" with the text of the book.

You can't sideload fonts, so you're stuck with the fonts they provide or you can use the "Original Font" option — which is how I use Constantia on the Nook. The built-in Georgia font is not bad but Constantia is darker and I like its contrast. So I mostly edit the book's font before loading it on the Nook. (Many people prefer a lighter font, so this may not be an issue.)

Overall the interface is not as customizable as a Kobo or PocketBook interface, but the options that it does have aren't bad.

You can reverse the position of which page turn buttons go forward or backwards.

Last edited by rcentros; 03-13-2024 at 09:26 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote