View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:16 AM   #25
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLatham View Post
On my PRS-505 I copy the files to the memory card, reset the device and no matter what function I select, I get:
Sorry, this firmware version is not supported: 505.1.1.00.18040

Help!
I would really like this update please.

Thanks!

Mark
I guess this is the message from universal flasher? If yes, it's easy to trick, just create folder with corresponding name in the root of the SD card. HOWEVER better check with prscustomizer guys whether there are other pitfalls, not to brick your reader!!!

2surquizu
I'll create new repository "firmware" and upload all files there (including mentioned png image) in a few hours. (on google code)

UPDATE: done. You can get files from:
http://code.google.com/p/sony-prs505...?repo=firmware
kbookIcon.png is the file you need.

2ijrobertson
It will work, however I don't like the way released dictionaries work (grep-ing entire files) and still ponder on whether to include them.
If somebody could suggest any (preferably open) _indexed_ dictionary format, with index that is reasonably easy to parse (compression is more or less the only show stopper), that'd be of great help.

I plan to add word selection feature, so that you can select words in 3 steps:
1) pressing 1-0 buttons and selecting 1-5 rows from the page
2) pressing 1-0 buttons and chosing one of the lines chosen in step 1
3) choosing a word from the line chosen in step 2

But this will rather come some time in January - February 2010.

Last edited by kartu; 12-10-2009 at 03:32 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote