View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I've tried that tag approach for this but to be honest I just don't like it for this purpose. ...

Lots of ways to skin the cat, one of the great features of Calibre
Having thought about it a bit, I can see where you are going with the right click and assignment of selected items to user categories. It looks useful, and Kovid's leads should help you on your way. I'd encourage you to submit it as a patch.

To be sure I understand, you would select books, then you would right click, choose "Add to user category" which would expand to list all the created user categories , and you would choose one of the user categories, which would then expand to show these options: "Selected authors" or ... or "Selected series" or Selected Tags"?

Behind the scenes, all the authors in all the selected books would be assigned to the selected user category if you chose "Selected authors"?

Would you assign all the tags on all the selected books if you chose "Selected Tags"?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote