View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #675
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
@Chrox -- I have put all the patches into my source code for the next release. Do you find that the automatic word spacing (auto_word_spacing=1) is useful and works well and consistently? Do you think it should be turned on by default in k2pdfopt?
It's turned on in koreader by default since there is no good default spacing value for both Western text and CJK text. The auto-detecting algorithm assumes that Western typesets are proportional while CJK characters are non-proportional which is true in most cases but it usually breaks up words when monospaced font is used in Western text. So users of koreader are encouraged to set larger or smaller word spacing for Western and CJK text respectively if they feel bad on the auto-detected results. Since former versions of k2pdfopt use default word spacing mainly for Western text, it will make familiar users confused when defaults parameters won't give similar results if auto-word-spacing is turned on by default. I would rather suggest leaving this option turned off by default until better detecting algorithm comes up.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote