View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
The Gore Vidal novel is excellent. But if you want a definitive biography, I would agree with Jerseyman and recommend the one by James M. McPherson.

I can also recommend Manhunt, by James L Swanson. It's not about Lincoln as such, but about his assassination and the hunt for the conspirators. It's really quite gripping. I started browsing it in a Barnes & Noble, decided to buy, and finished it almost at one sitting.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote