View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
One thing to keep in mind when using Last_Modified:

Certain functions can update a book's Last_Modified date without warning or you noticing. For instance, if you found a typo in a Tag (ex: Fictoein) and corrected it in the entire library, then all of the books that make use of that Tag would have their Last_Modified date updated.

This isn't a bug or a problem. Heck, most users would not notice this situation. But you are making active use of this column, so it might happen to you. Just wanted to make you aware of the possibility.
Agreed
I am still trying to identify what else (Not a deliberate edit of any Tag browser items) of triggers this.

A few days back, I clicked 'Start backing up Metadata for all Books'.
and the last_modified got bumped IMHO, this should have been a READ ONLY (metadata.db) operation

Is there any operation in Edit Metadata upon a Single book (except Deleting a Tag in the Tag Editor) that should cause more than 1 book to get it's last_modified bumped? This is happening fairly consistently to fairly large blocks of books. (I still think it has something to do with tags as all the items I looked at, had a same tag, but that tag had whiskers, it has been in use so long )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote