View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crexis View Post
I tried Calibre, but found it absolutely horrible. It insist on 'managing' a library of ebooks, whereas I just need a simple PDB → EPUB converter, nothing else. Seems I have to import directories and keep all kinds of accounts and profiles and whatnot. Why 'import' at all (and what happens if I move or delete the ebook later on), I don't need all that. Way too overcomplicated for what I want: simply convert an ebook and be done with it.
How's that? Calibre is intended to be used primarily as your ebook library management tool, but it certainly does not force you to do so. If you want no part of its library management function, all you need do is drag your pdf to the library, convert, and put it on your device. I do use Calibre for library management, and I still didn't need to do any importing (unless you mean adding the files to the library, which is as simple as dragging and dropping), and certainly did no account/profile management.

Of course, if you just need a converting tool, and found a good one for free, then it's probably better for you, I just think you're a little misinformed about Calibre. Not that it's a big deal or anything.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote