View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #85
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano42 View Post
Yes, several times, initially i thought it is a broken file (and there is no crc check ), so I downloaded it again even with different browser, and remade the whole process. Deleted the old file, copied the newly downloaded one. The file should be ok, otherwise the update menu is grayed out, and if the file is broken, I should have some error code when kindle tries to update.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong, like I said I have a K3 and my wife has a Ktouch, and I never had any issues like this. It isn't rocket science after all, download copy, select update from the menu ...

(English is not my native language, so excuse me if I am struggeling to explain my problem).
English is not my native language either. I completely understand you, don't worry. I agree with you, it's not rocket science and it shouldn't be that difficult, it's a matter of drag and drop. I'm sure that you've done everything correctly since this isn't your first time updating a Kindle software. I even tried 'googling' your issue but I didn't find anything on it. This is bizarre, I don't know what else to suggest. I have no idea why your Kindle Paperwhite refuses to update. I hope someone here can help you resolve this problem.

Last edited by Gazella; 11-12-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote