Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hey, this looks really interesting!
I will study it carefully by the ends of August.

<dream mode=on>
Some weeks ago I was thinking on "improving" default ctb. Some ideas:
- create a new view "favourites". I have lot of books in the DR and I keep adding more and more, so I want an easy way to build an order list to remember which is the next book I want to read, resort them, and so on. Similar thinking that the "last read" feature you have added.
- embed lua inside ctb. This will allow to code new views very easily.
</dream>

Anyway I'll have 2 weeks of holidays to think about it

ADDED LATER:
- I've been looking at your modifications... why do you think it won't work on DR800?
- what's the purpose of shortcuts in DR1000? could you post some screenshots please?

LATER:
Ok, I've compiled ctb specifying DR1000 target and it seems to work without problems on the DR800 emulator.
On the other hand, DR1000 shortcuts are quite similar to my wished "favourites" view, even better as it can be accessed from anywhere.

Other differences between CTB DR1000 and DR800 are:
. View as Details
. Sort by Type, Sort by Size
not really as interesting nor useful than Shortcuts.

Btw, shortcuts icon is really ugly!!!

Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 08-01-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote