Thread: Kobo Clara HD
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I've just read Kobo's full user guide for the Clara HD and there is no mention of any collections management. Is this a Kobo reader feature which has been left off the Clara?
No. All current Kobo models have Collections. See first image for a screenshot from my ClaraHD. You can manage them via calibre for an easy life or, if you prefer, you can manage them manually on the device.

As well as a Collection list there's also an Author list (see second image). This is also managed via calibre. As you can see Kobo believe that support for Series info should be standard. I forgot to mention that in my previous post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Are there any details on which driver is best to use?
The KoboTouch and KoboTouchExtended (KTE) calibre drivers share a lot of code. The latter has a few extra features. The most common reason for using KTE is if you prefer to read your books in kepub format rather than plain epub. It has an option to do an auto format-shift from epub to kepub during calibre send-to-device. It saves having to clutter up your calibre library doing a standard epub to kepub conversion. Whether you'll prefer epub or kepub is a personal choice. Both have pros and cons. Best to try both and see what you think.

Every Kobo has 2 reading apps, the standard Adobe one for epubs or the kepub reading app for reading books bought direct from Kobo (or created by calibre or geek1011's kepubify utility).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	collections.png
Views:	1014
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	165084   Click image for larger version

Name:	author.png
Views:	1106
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	165085  

Last edited by jackie_w; 07-17-2018 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Ninja'd again!
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote