View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 01:06 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I'm not really qualified to answer your questions, but it doesn't look like you're getting a whole lot of response ... so (for what it's worth) ...

1) A 10" eInk eReader will be lighter than a 10" tablet -- but probably more than two time heavier than a 6" eInk eReader.

2) If you want to support all eBook formats, you're probably looking at a Android eInk eReader, something like Onyx Boox and those like it. You'll find more information about these under the Android Device forum ... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=225

3) See the above forum. I'm pretty sure there are Android eInk eReaders that would meet your memory requirements.

4) I like a smaller (5" or 6" screen) device myself but those who have larger screens often fall in love with them. A 6" screen would cut the weight down from about 15 ounces to six or seven ounces -- so a pretty big weight savings. You might want to look at a 7" or 8" screen as a compromise between weight and size.

5) An eInk device isn't exactly like paper (even though they advertise them that way) but (for my eyes anyhow) it's much easier to read on an eInk eReader than a tablet. Reading on my phone or tablet is something I only do in "emergencies."

6) A 10" eInk eReader (the Android ones that you'll find in the above linked forum) seem to have a top-end of about $400. You should be able to find them a little (maybe more than a little) cheaper than that.

7) Almost all modern eInk eReaders are touch devices. Most are now capacitive touch devices (where once Infrared ones predominated).

Good luck. Sorry I can't give you more information.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote