View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
Tzar
World War II buff
Tzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beautyTzar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Personally, I have a stock set of line spacings, margins and font sizes plus other bits and pieces in a stylesheet that I use in all the ebooks I modify just to keep a consistent appearance. Nothing like buying three ebooks in a series and finding the default font size ranges from .8em to 1.4em which makes switching between books to check information a PITA. Book 1, she's a niece, book 2 she's a daughter, book 3 she's a granddaughter. Either poor author continuity or a family that takes kissing cousins to a whole new level.

Sample for the body style I use:

display: block;
font-size: 1em;
margin-bottom: 5pt;
margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 5pt;
margin-top: 5pt;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
text-align: left;
word-wrap: break-word;
widows: 2;
orphans: 2;

Regards,
David
Great information! I'll keep that as a reference and try it. It's indeed much annoying to have sideloaded books with all kinds of weird formatting.
Tzar is offline   Reply With Quote