View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@Doitsu

Thanks for your reply. My EPUB did not include this com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file which is, as you confirm it, still required by Apple.

It's surprising after so many years this way, that iBook users do not routinely add it to their EPUBs. It's their device and it's their problem... (you see that I am not selling anything)...

If they override the embedded font containing the nnbsp, they probably need to use a font that recognizes it? Maybe iBooks is still not aware of it (contrary to ADE 2.0.+)?

Here is an EPUB with the four Amasis30 fonts embedded and six nnbsp for each paragraph. I added the nnbsp to the font but did not include the apple file. iBooks readers should have problems reading it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amasis.epub.zip (143.1 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by roger64; 05-23-2015 at 03:06 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote