View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
My Glo still works and is in use. I got it when it was first released; Kobo offered me a $50 discount and I was able to stack it with two other promotions to knock the price below $60.

I have to say it never got a ton of use when I got it. It was my first front-lit reader and at that time I discovered that I overall preferred the crispness of the text on my Sonys to the slight blurriness occasioned by the light layer, so I mostly used it when the light would be particularly useful. I also stopped updating it at 4.3.8945, both on the "if it ain't broke" principle for a very old device and also because I still like the old front page.

That said, it works perfectly and the battery holds a charge reasonably well. Its current use is as a book repository and very handy it is. I prefer to keep the total books on my "active" readers at under 200; but having most of my Calibre library on an SD card in the Glo makes any book immediately accessible without having to boot my computer, etc. Long may it last!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote