View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 01:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Mine must be six years old as well. The light stopped working after a little more than two years. Everything else was fine. It was heavily used up to that point. I carried it with me on my commute and probably probably averaged close to two hours use per day. At that time I bought an Aura H2O and then a Glo HD (preferred the size). The Glo kept working other than the light and I used it for testing. But it started having problems a year or so later. Weird things like failing to download firmware updates or taking longer than expected to do something. I replaced the internal SD card last year, and it returned to working properly. The battery life seems good for a six year old battery, but I don't read on it to really test it. It has a couple of scuff marks on it, and the switch has worn down so it is hard to grip, but is fine otherwise.

I also bought three other Glo's a year after mine. They were for my wife, son and mother-in-law. The latter two haven't lasted as their screens were broken after two or three years. My wife gave hers to her mother when I gave her the Aura ONE at this time last year. As far as I know it is still working fine. I recently tried pulling the light out of one of the broken Glo's to put in mine, but I broke it somehow when putting it on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote