View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi View Post
But if some new code is needed anyway I'd rather ask the ones for the solid solution first (QT) which will be beneficial for everyone than asking an addon author for a custom workaround.
How can you possibly judge it will be better for everyone?

I have several packages that I use every day that utilise the QT framework, calibre being one of those; someone else will have another set of applications, possibly running on some obscure platform - none of which I've ever heard of.

I don't know if KG keeps a count, but I wouldn't be surprised the number of QT workarounds he has had to implement is a double digit number. Same with the Sigil developers.

If anything were to be done on this front for calibre I'd rather it be done by Kovid, read what another highly respected software developer has to say about him ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=19

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote