View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #774
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@panazol: If I understand your request, I don't really think this is a function that fits the Reading List plugin directly. It feels like you need some sort of process automation. Or maybe a "Mark as read" plugin. That would be something where you can define a few actions to be done when a book is marked as read. If I was doing this*, it would be something that when I finished a book, it displayed a dialog where I could set the rating, the date finished and maybe add a review or other comments. Then, it would be configured to update these metadata field, move the book from the "currently reading" list to the "finished" list, add the next in series book to the "to read" list, publish the status update to sites such as Goodreads, facebook or whatever.

Some of these actions are already around. For example, my Kobo Utilities plugin can fetch the reading status of the books from the Kobo device and store them in the calibre library. And then it can trigger the Goodreads Sync plugin to update the reading status (mainly the percent read) on Goodreads. And the Goodreads Sync plugin can move the book to the "read" shelf on Goodreads when the book is finished.

There are other plugins that trigger function in other plugins, including adding books to reading lists. But, none that do what I think you want.

* To everyone who thinks this is a good idea, NO I am not planning to create this plugin. But, I am wondering why I haven't automated the Reading List moves in either the Kobo Utilities or the Goodreads Sync plugins. The moves are easy, but getting the configuration right won't be. But, I have to do the Annotations plugin updates first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote