View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #766
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
BR, I'd say you are right. The RL plugin shows the books in a list by marking them and then showing the marked books. The marks stay on the books until something removes them. It's a little untidy, but I haven't seen that it cause any problems. It's been like that for as long as the plugin existed. I'd say it will stay like that until someone demonstrates it breaks something, or they fix the code themselves.
It looks like RL establishes the Marks (pins) when an RL is listed, which makes sense, because you can have multiple RLs. They're easily cleared with Mark books->Clear marked books.

Maybe the Marks (pins) could be cleared when the RL search. e.g. marked:reading_list_books2Edit, is 'dismissed'; can a plugin get a callback from the Clear current search event?

FD is different, it establishes the Marks (pins) for exempted books when a library is opened. And it uses the the "marked" column dynamically to create the duplicate book groups. When Kovid implemented Mark books as a User feature, I looked at FD to see if I could move the marking of exemptions from library open to some other event, but I discovered FD uses the "marked" column for various (nefarious ) purposes, so I gave it a miss.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote