View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #39
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Something that's been puzzling me about the servers being moved to the US is that it would seem that MR is now under US law, is that right?

If that is the case then it makes it very easy for US security agencies to 'officially' 'break into' MR data. That is, account holders email address, PM's - anything that isn't posted on the public side of the Forum .....

Oh, and all without asking of course. In fact we the individuals wouldn't be informed that our private data had been observed/taken, and neither would the 'owner' of the site be informed of their impending action/s. All in the name of 'security' of course.

Or am I mistaken in my thinking?
There is nothing in US law that allows this but that doesn't mean they are not doing it. Of course they might have been doing it in Canada as well. Actually this site is not likely a target of the NSA. They have better fish to fry.

Last edited by DaleDe; 12-14-2014 at 01:13 AM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote