View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I misunderstood the flags. The red flag means the book is available for checkout. I see that at my library, almost no books are available for checkout right away!

EDIT: I think I still don't understand the flag colors.

eP
From what I could see looking at the Brooklyn site, the flags under the thumbnail are probably related to your wishlist? The grey flag seems to be a link you can click on to add to the wishlist. I don't know if there's a colored one that shows when the book is on your wishlist?

Also, to tell availability of the book, you can look at the little triangle in the upper right that has the book image in it (or headphones for audio). If the symbol is light grey, the book isn't available. If it's dark, then the book is available. So at least there's a pretty quick way of telling looking at it.

However, definitely don't like that when you look at the listing of books, because of the way they show the title now it's often cut off because there simply isn't enough space. And often the covers aren't all that helpful for figuring out what the title is.

While the old site wasn't anything that was going to win awards (and had a number of issues), I definitely wouldn't say the new one is really any improvement over it.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote