View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Jack, someone responded to my query on Amazon with more-or-less the same suggestion which I just tried and it worked. The one thing I had to do though was "Force Stop" the Kindle app on my DroidX (which was the farthest one along - in the Appendix) and then move it to where I wanted to be and was then able to sync my other devices properly.

Here's the steps:

1. On the Manage Your Kindle page- Turn OFF synchronization
2. Wait about 30 seconda, then with the device synched to the appendix page- go to the page you really want it to be.
3. Sync to the furthest page on that device. If it tells you that you're on the furthest location, you're good to go.
4. If not, select Cancel on the sync message and try steps 2 & 3 again. I would say 90% of the time it works the first time. When it doesn't, it has always worked the second time. Maybe some sort of delay in Amazon changing the synchronization command?
5. On the Manage Your Kindle page- Turn synchronization back ON and all your devices should be synched to the page you want.

It is here on the Kindle Forum: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-fo...x2LIPUL90MO66R
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote