View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Amazon might have stated that it was automatic, but I have found that Whispersync with all my Kindles (E Inks, KFire, apps) is not always automatic. Or more appropriately, it is not always quick to sync. With the E Inks and the KFire you should exit the book to the Home screen before putting the Kindle into sleep mode, otherwise it might not sync. I also make a habit of manually syncing just to make sure it does. I think that if left alone and with enough lapsed time they will sync automatically, but Kindle time is not always in tune with our time frame.
Maybe I'm just being too impatient?

My K3 and K4 really do sync immediately whenever I turn the WiFi back on, so I guess I've gotten used to that.

With the KFire, except for that first software update to 6.1, I've yet to see it check for items automatically; but, again, maybe I'm just not giving it enough time to do it.

Now, if I already have the WiFi on and I buy something from the Amazon Appstore, that will come through right away; there just seems to be a big [to me] delay in receiving things if the WiFi had been off and I'm just now turning it back on...

xari is offline   Reply With Quote