View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 09:33 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Attached you find the Verdana Sans-Serif font (for 144dpi devices) that I converted as following:

8pt Plain, Bold, Italic
10pt Plain, Bold, Italic
12pt Plain, Bold, Italic
18pt Plain
20pt Plain

I chose 5 sizes so that iSilo can fully utilitze its five relative sizes (smaller...largest) if necessary. The 12pt size is for standard reading.

Also, the reason why I added Bold and Italic to the three smaller sizes is because I figured that they look somewhat better than iSilo synthesized style replacements. On the other hand, I left them out from the two largest sizes to keep the total font filesize smaller and also because you normally don't have text that big except e.g. for headers. I completely left out the Bold-Italic style because it occurs too rarely to justify the additonal gain in filesize. iSilo's synthesized fonts look good enough for that.

PS: I am still not sure why for some documents, when I change the relative size e.g. from medium to larger, nothing happens to the actual document font size. Maybe the gap between 12pt and 18pt is too big? Any help here?
Attached Files
File Type: pdb verdana5.pdb (83.3 KB, 1296 views)