View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I don't think there is really such a thing as a totally original idea. Hercules was given to fits (epilepsy) as I understand it and his stories were written way back in ancient Greece. It's just the spin that the individual writer gives an idea that makes it original, not the idea itself.
I just discovered something....

In the first Harry Potter book, it seems Harry has a fight on a life-size chessboard. (I haven't read that book yet.) In Baldur's Gate's expansion Tales of the Sword Coast, the adventuring party has a fight in Durlag's Tower, on a life-size chessboard, as well.

The book is from 1997 or 1998 (UK, or US), the game is from december 1998, and the expansion from June 1999.

I wonder if the makes of Tales of the Sword Coast knew of the Harry Potter book. At that time, I've not seen any references to Harry Potter with regard to that chessboard scene, not even from players.

Durlag's Tower Chessboard fight:
[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-21-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote