Thread: PRS-T2 Epub turns into EPU?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
Son of Queequeg
Son of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchforkSon of Queequeg can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Thanks for the advice, I might consider reformatting if the problem should begin to occur more frequently. As it is, I have only experienced this with a handful of files, so I’d rather live with that instead of reformatting the SD-card (which would mean recreating and restacking the almost 100 ”bookshelves” on my Reader).

I guess the problem might be the length and/or characters used in the name of the file, which would cause some system or other to abbreviate it – and as far as I can understand the transformation in that case happens on the Reader, not on my computer (where I have the same files stored, all of them unchanged).

What remains bewildering to me is the fact that some of these files work fine after renaming to ”.epub”, while some seem to have been corrupted as well in the process, or were corrupted from the start (so that they can’t be opened, even after renaming, and not even by the Reader-program on my computer).

As I opened the original, unchanged version of a couple of the corrupted files, they actually turned out to be kind of strange on the ”inside” as well: text overflowing the margins and other oddities (NOT the ones mentioned above, though). So I somehow suspect that the problem, at least in some cases, has to do with the ”quality” of the file in some technical sense, making it intractable to the Sony Reader program.

Anyhow, thanks for enlightening me on the issues involved. For the time being, I will try to reload the files that seem to be OK, and simply leave the others alone.
Son of Queequeg is offline   Reply With Quote