View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #91
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I stalled at reading Lolita for decades because of the subject matter. However, the book was fascinating and in no way promoted pedophilia. But it falls into the erotic and romantic categories in the same way that The Silence of the Lambs falls into the Culinary Delights category.

It surprised me as well. Just to make sure that WorldCat wasn't completely out-of-whack, I looked up its classification of Death in Venice. Thankfully it only has "Fiction" as a classification.

I mainly brought up the WorldCat information because it's been used in this club in an attempt to invalidate a selection previously. So I was curious to see what it had to say on this matter - particularly as I also had a gut reaction against Lolita as a romance.

I'll still give it a vote. Romance isn't really my genre unless it moves away from the bodice ripper. We have a nice selection of nominations that have done just that for me.

I'll be giving a vote also to A Town Like Alice (inspired choice) and Water for Elephants (because I own it already).

Looking forward to see what comes out of the vote.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote