View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
It's a shame that Amazon caved in and allowed publishers to disable TTS, but I'm glad that at least there's a way to know it beforehand now. I have a friend who's legally blind who would like to own a Kindle, but didn't want to take the chance of buying an ebook, just to find out that it had the TTS disabled. At least now he'll have that information. (Of course, I'm not sure he'd want a Kindle, knowing that publishers could do this, but it does make it more likely that he'd buy one.)

I put a no-tts tag on Morrison's book. I plan to do so on any book that I find with that kind of restriction. Publishers should be ashamed.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote