View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Firmware for older Sonys?

I've got several (currently too many) older (505, x00 and x50) Sony eReaders now and I'm finding that the firmware varies. For example I (currently) have four 300s (two were bought because they had lighted covers and I won't be keeping all of them) with two firmware releases – 1.0.00.18160 and 1.0.00.24180. And three 505s (one with firmware 1.1.00.18040 and two with firmware 1.1.01.25200). It doesn't appear that Sony allows firmware updates for these older eReaders. Am I missing something? And does it matter? I'm assuming something was fixed in the newer firmware releases but I don't know if it was significant.

At any rate, thank you for any suggestions and/or information. I really like Sony eReaders (probably too much) but I find it odd that firmware isn't available for download somewhere. Or maybe I'm missing something?

(Actually, taking another look at Sony, I see they do have firmware for the 505 (not 300) available for download, but it's the older version (1.1.00.18040) not the newer. It gets weirder.

Last edited by rcentros; 03-03-2018 at 07:23 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote